Thursday, August 16, 2007

Jars of Clay Frontman Releases first Children's Book

Dan Haseltine, lead singer of the grammy award winning band Jars of Clay, is releasing his first Children's book this September. The book is set for release on Sept. 15th. "I think will be good to introduce the younger audience to Jars of Clay and to me. Our fans are getting older and now thats it's been 12 years since Flood we need to reach that audience" said Haseltine. Though we were not given a pre-release of this book to review, we were given the title and the artwork. The book is called "The One, The Only, Magnificent Me and My Band" and features artwork that appeals to a younger audience. The question on everyones mind is

Are Jars of Clay turning into the Wiggles?

We aren't sure but Dan assured us that he wrote this book with pure intentions to reach Children with positive uplifting messages. "I wanted to write a book that reminded children that I am amazing and wonderful, and it has everything to do with me...and my band.... being alive, and having a heart and a mind and a soul. All children need to know that I am magnificent – with or without feathers.”

Well with that feathers ending we can only assume that Dan's book will be Flying High this September.